I have absolutely nothing to show for a Friday Food post due to some terrible failures in the kitchen this week! But, I was tagged by Katie at Legally Fit to come up with ten random facts about myself. So, here goes:
1. I've worked at the same company since I graduated college, that's over 8 years (ahh...getting old!!). The company has been sold, my job has changed and my location has changed but it's still essentially the same.
2. I'd probably be able to live solely on bread. I love bread. That might not be enough...maybe PB&J sandwiches. I could probably just eat PB&J sandwiches the rest of my life and be happy.
3. Several years ago, a lady I used to work for part-time gave me a handmade blank book. I started writing things I wanted to do in life and places I wanted to travel. This was long before I started running and one of the items on there is to run a marathon. I've been able to cross off a few things, like skydive and swim with dolphins and hopefully the marathon is next.
4. I've lived in Ohio, Maryland, Tennessee, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. I've visited lots of other places but I've never been anywhere in the US west of the Mississippi River. This will change this year too!
5. When I was a kid, I wanted to do something with animals when I grew up. Sometimes I wish I would've stayed on that path. At that time, Jack Hanna was the director at the Columbus Zoo and he was pretty much my idol. I received an autographed picture from him that I still have to this day. I say this because I'm not very sentimental and don't really keep a lot of things like that!
6. I have a weakness for all fruity/sour candy - Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, Laffy Taffy, etc.
7. My name is just Abbi, not Abigail. My sister's name is Nikki, not Nicole. Guess my parents figured just name us what we'd go by anyway!
8. I've pretty much always considered myself a dork who doesn't fit in well with most of the normal people my age. In college, I sat in my dorm room making quilts. Who does that? I've since moved onto other crafts, like knitting.
9. I'm a paranoid driver. I really don't like driving at all and often think I'm going to wreck or the car is going to blow up. I totaled a car two days after getting my drivers license when I sixteen. I'm assuming it all relates back to that!
10. I turn 30 next year. I'm thinking it needs to be a big year!
I'm probably supposed to tag others for this, so I'll just say any of my normal followers/commenters who like the idea, go ahead and post...would certainly love to hear more about others!