On Sunday morning, though, I couldn't look at the treadmill after the 8 miles on Saturday (I think the most I've ever been able to stand is 10 on the treadmill). I wanted to run longer so I headed out without a real plan on where I was going to go. The only thing in my mind was to run 14 miles. After having my closest encounter of getting hit by a car (and I admit it was totally my fault) as I was trying to avoid some ice, I decided to just run loops in my neighborhood. The loop is only a little over 2 miles. I'm pretty sure I've solidified my spot in my neighbors' minds of being on the verge of crazy after running repeatedly by all of their houses for 2 hours. I thought the loops would actually drive me insane but it was actually kind of nice to just completely zone out.
Sometimes it's nice to break the rules a bit.
I was recently tagged by Marlene for the latest tag going around the blog-world:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
The Random Facts (the 'I Don't Play by the Rules' version).
1. I usually have one diet soda a day. I've thought I should probably cut that in the past but really have no real desire to change it.
2. I rarely floss.
3. I didn't attend my high school graduation. It was partly to prove a point.
4. My musical tastes are quite varied. The most explicit rap song may be played followed by a country ballad and then some obscure indie folk group.
5. If there is some sort of required form/license/etc., that I think is stupid or pointless, I won't do it. When/if they catch up with me (rare), I'll handle it!
6. When the dogs poop in someone's yard, I'll clean it up...unless it's one of the few neighbors that I don't really care for.
7. I'm a terrible picture taker (see below and why in the world do I have a blog then?). Pretty much every major life event could pass and I won't have any photos of it. I'll have plenty of random food and dogs though. Luckily, my husband likes to take photos.
8. Standard meals mean nothing to me. Breakfast foods for dinner are fine and dinner foods for breakfast are fine. Is it weird to think there is nothing wrong with eating a huge portion of eggplant parmesan at 8 AM?
9. Dessert after breakfast is also perfectly fine.
10. If there is something I don't feel like dealing with at work on a particular day, I'll leave it for the end of the day to send an e-mail. Then, if I get a follow up call about it, I can avoid dealing with it until the next day. Pretty sure we all do this!
11. My husband thinks I hide food from him in the house. I don't hide anything. I just strategically place certain items in the pantry and refrigerator.
1. What is your favourite pair of non-running shoes? Birkenstocks.
2. What are you wearing right now? Jeans and a sweatshirt...that's dressed up!
3. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? Quit my job and devote more time to animal rescue.
4. Are you named after anyone/anything? Nope, my Mom just liked the name.
5. What is worse – being too cold, or being too hot? Too cold, definitely.
6. What is hanging on your walls at home? Lots of black and white photos.
7. What is the last thing that you took a picture of? Probably the Pure Fit bars that I need to do a quick review for!
8. Who is the last person you spoke to on the phone? Some client or someone from work. I avoid the phone outside of work.
9. Where did you go on vacation as a child? Outer Banks
10. What is your favourite TV show? Don't really have one right now.
11. How many pieces of jewelry do you wear regularly? 2, wedding ring and engagement ring...but have the time I don't even have those on. Definitely not a jewelry person.